How I Got Free
I don't think I would have ever gotten free if I hadn't gone on holiday for a few days. It was only when I was not able to have access to anything relating to end times or conspiracies because the people I was with would just not allow it and I had made a decision that I was miserable and surely the rest of the world won't mind if I take a break from this stuff for a while and have some fun.
After I had been on holiday for a few days, my mind started to clear and finally my closest family and friends were able to talk to me about the damage the obsession was doing to me and causing and I actually listened.
Prior to this I wouldn't listen because one of the things you get taught in the " truth movement" is that people are blind and just want you to be like a dumb sheep just like them because they are too chicken and selfish to open their eyes. In actual fact, the arrogance in such a statement embodies the essence of the very thing that got the devil thrown out of heaven in the first place...pride the first tool to enter the tool box.
Before looking at my tips for getting free, it's important that you understand that you have to make peace with the fact you will still have questions and that is a normal part of being a human being. We all have questions, but that is okay. Maybe some of what you have read or watched in regards to the end times is true, maybe it isn't. It doesn't really matter either way. If you're serious about wanting to break free you have to be willing to accept and make peace with that.
My Tips For Getting Free
The following tips relate specifically to end time obsession but can apply to other types of obsession also. I am not a medical professional so I don't claim that these are anymore than personal opinion based on life experience. I still believe that if you feel it is necessary to get professional help then that is always the first cause of action. However my tips are more geared towards the average person that has just lost their way a little.
1. Acknowledge - see it for what it is and acknowledge that you can't get free of this on your own, to yourself and God if you believe in Him.
2. Accountability - tell a trusted friend or family member what has been going on and ask for their help to break free and stay free.
3. Apologise - If it is possible to make peace with those you have hurt as a result of this in a safe way, do it. It requires eating humble pie but it will make you feel allot better, you will find out who your real friends are and especially if you're a Christian it's best to be a peacemaker.
4. Amendment - Amend your day to day life to not include the end times obsession stuff but make sure you find something productive to replace it, a trusted friend would be a great help in working out what activities are best to add to your life for you personally.
5. Avoid - Do not even think about praying, reading, watching or talking about anything to do with the end times or conspiracy for a while. You are on cold turkey for the sake of your health and future. For those of you thinking that you should pray about it. You are not the only person praying about the issues related to the end times, there are others who can carry that responsibility for a while and right now you need to get yourself ready so God can use you to do whatever it is he has in mind your life personally. Remember Jeremiah 29 V11
6. Accept -This is most important, you need to accept that we all make mistakes and you can move on from this. Also, it would be an awesome idea to accept the grace of God which is more than sufficient for you. Don't guilt trip,but rather rest in the fact it's in the past and you got out and now good things are in your future. Better yet make Jesus the Lord and Saviour of your life and let Him teach you how to break free.
I know this has been a little different but I hope this helps others who like me were stuck.
Until next time,
Take it easy!